Filter by Category
DR 724EC Introduction To Calligraphy
with Ron Little
Explore the art of the beautiful italic hand. Learn how to form upper and lowercase letters and numerals with a calligraphy’s principle tool: a broad-edge nib pen. Gain the necessary skills to letter a quotation, add names to certificates/diplomas, letter place cards, or address envelopes for formal occasions. Traditional techniques, terminology and good work habits will be emphasized, and the history of calligraphy will be discussed. No artistic background required; open to anyone who wishes to study this useful and elegant practice. (Tuition includes $25 materials fee)
Material provided for class
• To become familiar with calligraphy tools/procedures.
• To gain a hands-on working ability in the italic hand.
• Attain a sensitivity to materials.
• Gain an understanding and appreciation of the history of letter making.
• To build a solid foundation for pursuing further calligraphic study.