Filter by Category
Collage & Mixed Media (ONLINE) IN 610CM_ON
with Anthony Ciambella
From newspapers to toys and old clothes, artists use almost any materials for their works. This course will guide you through the endless variety of tools, adhesives and supports available, and how to select which will work best for you. This live Zoom class includes weekly presentations on a variety of subjects related to two- and three-dimensional mixed media, along with exhibition and storage strategies.
- Discover materials used in mixed media.
- Familiarize you with traditional and contemporary materials.
- Investigate manual and power tools as well as the compatibility of materials and adhesives.
- Delineate your ideas with the least possible interference from the materials.
- Learn to construct simple and complex objects.
- Know terms related to mixed media art.
- Identify what toxic materials are used by artists, how they are exposed.
- Learn the risk factors, effects on our bodies, and safety measures.