Filter by Category
Saturday Classes for High School Students
DR 710E2 Pre-College Preparation: Figure Painting
with David Wilson
Figure painting is one the most versatile and popular subjects taught at PAFA. Learn to paint the life model in oil/acrylic, focusing on human anatomy and proportions, paint handling, materials, and design. Prior basic painting experience recommended. Note: This class will utilize nude models.
• Acquire basic knowledge of the proportions of the human body
• Become familiar with a wide range of painting material and techniques.
• Acquire a working knowledge of the fundamental principles of painting.
• Acquire the ability to depict observed and invented form through a mastery of proportion.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the methods and materials of painting’s various disciplines and media.
Saturday portfolio preparation classes present a valuable opportunity for teens to develop and hone their studio art skills under the guidance of PAFA faculty. Open to high school students entering or currently enrolled in 9th through 12th grades. All levels welcome.
Register by: January 24