Filter by Category
Summer Studio Critique Program
in CE Courses by Format/Length
Summer Studio/Critique Program
with Tom Csaszar
Open studio access, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily; Friday critiques by timeslot sign-up
This six-week on-campus studio-rental program is designed for experienced visual artists and educators who desire constructive feedback on their artwork, as well as the support and interaction of an artistic community. Stimulate your personal artistic growth in your own private PAFA studio through individual weekly critiques from a stellar ensemble of nationally and internationally known artists, including members of PAFA’s acclaimed faculty, as well as discussion, group critiques, and artist studio visits.
Tuition covers a private studio in PAFA's Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building, weekly individual critiques, and additional group critiques/activities, as well as the option to earn 4.0 undergraduate credits or 3.0 graduate credits upon satisfactory completion of the program.
One-on-one critiques will be conducted in-person from a roster of artist-/curator-critics (one per week), scheduled each Friday by time-slot sign-up. Lead critic Tom Csaszar will host group critiques/discussions and artist studio visits or other outings. These will be scheduled to best accommodate the group's needs.
Note: This is an uninstructed program; as such, prior art-making experience and the ability to work independently are required. Beyond this understanding, there are no specific application requirements or prerequisites for this program.
Optional: This program is available for $2,300 for 4.0 undergraduate credits or 3.0 graduate credits (for K-12 educators). Select credit choice with tuition adjustment during checkout.
View the complete course description and list of critics here.
Additional Information and Deadlines:
- Registration Deadline: Rolling, on a space-available basis. Enrollment is limited to 12 participants.
- Withdrawal/Refund Deadline: June 20 (following Juneteenth holiday). A withdrawal fee of 10% tuition applies to all refund requests before this date; no refunds can be issued for withdrawals after June 20. Withdrawal requests must be issued in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org (dated by June 20 for refund eligibility).
- Academic Credit: This program is available for $1,800 for non-credit, or $2,300 for 4.0 undergraduate credits or 3.0 graduate credits (for K-12 educators). Changes in credit status must be made directly through the CE office prior to the second meeting (critique) of the program. No refunds can be issued for changes from credit to non-credit. See CE's Procedures and Policies to review academic credit policies and procedures for transcript requests.
- Additional Pricing Information: No scholarships or discounts are available for this program. Membership discounts apply to regular CE courses only; Special Programs are not eligible for tuition deductions.
- Materials: No materials list is provided for this program. Students may work in their media of choice within PAFA's safety/clean-air guidelines. Access to print and sculpture shop facilities is not included in tuition: Students must be enrolled in print or sculpture classes for access to these facilities and abide by shop rules and access hours.
- Housing: Students requiring housing are responsible for their own accommodation arrangements. PAFA does not provide a campus housing option for this program; however, students can find short-term rental options through Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/a/stays/Philadelphia--Pennsylvania--United-States.
- Additional Benefit: Studio/Critique registrants receive a 10% tuition discount on all subsequent PAFA CE Summer 2023 Session 2 Classes!
Review Studio Critique Program registration and policy information here, as well as the CE Policy Guide Summer 2023 prior to registering. By enrolling in the Summer Studio/Critique Program, you agree to abide by PAFA's Procedures and Policies.