Beginning Drawing DR 600EB_ON
with Meghan Cox
Learn to draw what you see realistically and with confidence – from the comfort of your own home! Master the basics of observational drawing using line and tonal value with the still life as your subject. The course will utilize the online learning platfrom Canvas, and include videos, lectures and assignments, and live sessions via Zoom. Regular instructor feedback will promote understanding as you hone your skills. This course is ideal for beginners or for intermediate students wanting to refine their abilities.
Non-credit tuition: $195
Tuition for 1.0 undergraduate credit: $525
• Gain familiarity with a wide range of material and techniques including but not limited to, placement, proportion, sight measuring
• Acquire a working knowledge of the fundamental principles of drawing.
• Acquire the ability to depict observed form through a mastery of proportion.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the methods and materials of painting’s various disciplines and media.
• Students will ultimately learn to “see.”
Apr 20 - May 24th, 2020
for 5 weeks