DR 607EA Cast Drawing
with Phyllis Laver
Drawing in the Academic manner from plaster casts is a traditional and effective way to learn to draw accurately from observation. PAFA’s beautiful and historic Cast Hall contains life-size copies of antique and Renaissance sculpture – a unique resource that has been part of PAFA’s curriculum for over 200 years. All levels welcome.
- Students will learn to articulate 3-dimensional form with active gestural line.
- Students will translate form into cross-contour models.
- Students will develop skill in drawing form with light.
- Students will manipulate composition to alter visual impact.
- Students will acquire knowledge of diverse artists and their ways of working.
Jan 21 - Apr 14th, 2020
Tue for 12 weeks from 12:30 - 3:30 pm
Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building
128 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102 Get directions
Room: Cast Hall