DR 609E2 Portrait & Figure Drawing
with Phyllis Laver
Drawing from the portrait and life model is one of the most time-honored methods of art training at PAFA. Improve your observation-based drawing skills as you work in charcoal and graphite directly from models in short and long poses, exploring gesture, proportions, anatomy and expression. All levels welcome. (Tuition includes $15 model fee.)
- Students will stretch the traditional definitions of portrait and life drawing to merge the two into personal statements.
- Students will work with clothed and unclothed/life models who are diverse individuals.
- Students will acquire a working knowledge of varied drawing materials, including charcoal, graphite and ink.
- Students will acquire a working knowledge of form and structure in the body.
- Students will develop the ability to better see the model rather than rely on schema.
- Students will acquire knowledge of diverse artists and their ways of working.
Jan 22 - Apr 15th, 2020
Wed for 12 weeks from 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Historic Landmark Building
118 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102 Get directions
Room: Studio 6