Introduction to Oil Painting (ONLINE) PT 616EO_ON
with Shushana Rucker
Are you intimidated by the idea of oil painting? Join Shushana Rucker to learn introductory to intermediate level techniques in the comfort of your own home. This course will help the beginner oil painter gain confidence in a variety of oil painting techniques including direct and indirect painting, color mixing, and painting with a brush and palette knife. Topics will also include stretching your own canvas, cradling panels, and using mediums, solvents and additives. Course content will include in-depth video tutorials, and printable tutorials. The instructor will be available on a daily basis to answer questions via e-mail. A weekly live Zoom session will be held every Monday at 7 p.m.
• Students will recognize and apply a range of oil painting techniques including direct and indirect methods.
• Students will identify and make use of basic design and color principles.
• Students will analyze and describe historical and contemporary oil painting techniques and styles.
• Students will become proficient in the use of hand and power tools used to prepare supports.
• Students will experiment with painting tools and gain an understanding of mark making with oil paint.
• Students will develop and discuss concepts and image development in the form of structured critique.
Jun 1 - Aug 9th, 2020
Mon for 10 weeks