Portrait Painting and Drawing (Online)
with Al Gury
Sundays, 4:30 - 5:30 pm
An in-depth approach to portrait painting from noted author of Color for Painters: A Guide to Traditions and Practice. Investigate the structure of the human head through drawings and painted studies. Progress to finished paintings and address issues of likeness, composition, space and texture. Learn to better see and understand color to mix it more successfully – a useful skill for painting any subject matter. Includes weekly step-by-step painting demonstrations, assignments that target each important issue of painting a portrait, critiques and weekly Zoom meetings. All levels welcome.
This dynamic online course will address all aspects of portrait painting and drawing, including:
• Students will learn the traditions and history of portraiture
• Students will learn portrait structure and anatomy
• Students will learn how to achieve a good likeness
• Students will learn alla prima (direct) painting techniques
• Students will learn to use the materials and color palettes for effective portrait painting
• Students will learn to use the materials for effective portrait drawing inlcuding pastel
• Students will learn to paint portraits from both life and from photo reference
Note: This is a Condensed Course, available for 1.0 undergraduate credit for $525.
Register by: Registration still open!
Session 1: Jul 10 - Aug 14th, 2022
Sun for 6 weeks from 4:30 - 5:30 pm
only 4 seats left
For more info, call us at (215) 972-7632