PR 604EM Monoprint/Etching
with Tony Rosati
This course presents basic intaglio and monotype printing techniques including monoprint, drypoint, etching, aquatint, collograph and polymer plate methods. Image embellishments will include embossing, chine collé, collage, paper plates and mixed media techniques. All levels welcome; experienced students may continue independent work.
• Create and exhibit work in a professional manner, both in terms of craftsmanship and presentation.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and technical proficiency in all printmaking methods taught.
• Successfully replicate print editions of their work.
• Critically evaluate and clearly address issues of subject matter, content, and intention within their body of work.
• Produce work that is driven by conceptual concerns.
• Create work that displays increasing levels of technical and conceptual confidence.
• Create work that exhibits invention and experimentation.
(Tuition includes $20 lab fee.)
Jan 25 - Apr 18th, 2020
Sat for 12 weeks from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building
128 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102 Get directions
Room: Print Studio