Pre-College Intensives: Drawing 2: The Human Body, DR 605EH
with Shushana Rucker
Only 5 days left to register!
This intensive course will focus on the anatomy of the human figure. Drawing the human figure is one of the most time-honored methods of art training and a great way to rapidly produce valuable work for a portfolio. This course will help students build skills in recognizing basic rules of human proportion and teach building block principles of human anatomy. Prerequisite: Drawing (Section 1 or 2), Portrait Drawing & Painting or other basic drawing experience. Note: This class will use partially nude imagery and anatomical imagery. This course will utilize Canvas, and include video demonstrations, lectures and assignments with regular instructor feedback, as well as daily live chats via Zoom. Live sessions will take place daily from 9-10am and 3-4pm, and the instructor will be available throughout the day for feedback.
- Students will gain competency in depicting the proportions of the human figure.
- Students will identify and make use of 2D design principles.
- Students will recognize and apply a range of drawing techniques.
- Students will develop and discuss concepts and image development in the form of structured critique.
- Students will experiment with different forms of mark making and recognize which tools to use to create a variety of marks.
- Students will gain an understanding of how to render fabric and drapery.
Aug 10 - 14th, 2020
Mon - Fri for 1 week from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
For directions, call us at (215) 972-7632