PT 600E Life Painting And Drawing
with Douglas Martenson
Join PAFA’s celebrated figurative tradition, combining Eakins-influenced historical techniques with contemporary approaches. Master the drawing elements of gesture, proportion, volume, anatomy, tone, and composition in charcoal and colored chalk on toned paper. Progress to oil painting materials and techniques, expanding from limited colors to a full palette. Ideal for all levels, with options to draw- or paint-only based on experience.
• Achieve competency in paint usage and brush manipulation.
• Understand and use color as it pertains to the figure and its immediate environment.
• Learn proportion and simple anatomy of the figure.
• Use tone, value, and line quality in the figure and as it relates to its near environment.
• Be able to translate tone and value to color related to the figure and its near environment.
(Tuition includes a $15 model fee)
Jan 27 - Apr 20th, 2020
Mon for 12 weeks from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Historic Landmark Building
118 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102 Get directions
Room: Studio 6