PT 622ES Photo-Realistic Painting
with Alicia Mino Gonzalez
The virtuosic richness and detail of photorealism combines the artist’s painting skills with fascinating new techniques for transcribing visual information. Learn how to utilize photography, 3D models, and Photoshop in order to capture complex subject matter. Explore advanced methods of transferring imagery, selecting and manipulating color, and controlling light. All levels welcome. (Bilingual instructor: English & Spanish)
• Students will learn how to create close ups settings of biomorphic 3D models to capture the information needed for a quality panting representation.
• Students will learn how to build up shadow boxes for a better manipulation of the light in their model’s settings.
• Students will learn to transfer images from live models and using the grid in case to use photograph as reference.
• Students will learn how to create better realistic painting effects, manipulating color, light and contrast utilizing photoshop program.
• Students will learn advance techniques for constructing layout, selecting color, blending and edging for an accurate painting result.
Jan 21 - Apr 14th, 2020
Tue for 12 weeks from 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building
128 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102 Get directions