Screenprinting and Beyond (In-Person)
with Tony Rosati
Thursdays, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The versatile nature of screenprinting lends itself to printing on paper, fabric and other surfaces. For the beginner, this course will cover all aspects of the process including screen preparation, image development, and printing techniques. Printmakers with experience may propose independent projects. Note: Tuition includes $20 lab fee.
- Students will gain a basic understanding of the screen printing process.
- Students will acquire technical experience with screens, squeegees, ink, tools, and equipment.
- Students will learn basic screen printing techniques including image development, coating and processing screens, mixing ink, and printing.
- Students will acquire technical expertise by way of printing various stencils from fine detail images to flat broad areas.
- Students will learn printmaking professionalism including printing editions on clean registered printmaking paper, signing and numbering editions appropriately.
- Students will learn the importance of image development through individual reviews and by exploring various possibilities with the process.
- Students will develop critical visual and verbal skills by way of individual discussions with the instructor and with their peers.
Optional: This course is available for 1.0 undergraduate credit for $695 (including lab fee). Select credit option when registering.
Please note: All students enrolling in on-campus courses must submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and booster upon registration. Requests for medical or religious exemptions must be approved by PAFA’s head of security. PAFA reserves the right to refuse entry and withdraw enrollment for students who have not provided proof of vaccination and have not been approved for exemption. Withdrawals for noncompliance will result in fees. See CE Policy Guide for complete COVID safety requirements and policies.
Image: Tony Rosati, In Memoriam
No classes during Thanksgiving Break, November 24 – 27.
This class is closed for registration. To inquire about late enrollment availability, please call 215-972-2029 or email email@example.com. To facilitate late enrollment (if available), please submit your Proof of Vaccination/Booster in advance via the form above.
Session 1: Sep 15 - Dec 8th, 2022
Thu for 12 weeks from 9:00 am - 12:00 pmRegistration unavailable
Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building
128 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102 Get directions
Room: Print Shop (660)