Filter by Category
Pre-College Intensives: Digital Photography Online, IN 660HS
with RA Friedman
Discover the creative possibilities of digital photography. Learn to use the camera as an expressive tool as you develop an understanding of photography’s technical and visual aspects. Instruction covers camera functions, composition and content, logistics,post processing in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, and assembling a photo project to create a portfolio.
The course will utilize the online learning platform Canvas, and includes videos, lectures and assignments with regular instructor feedback, as well as live chat. Class structure consists of new material being explored in the morning,and then applying that knowledge with camera or computer after lunch. Class will meet live via Zoom from 10am-12pm. The instructor will also be available via text/voice from 12pm to 5pm. Students will post their daily work and check-in for feedback
- DSLR or compact camera with manual functions for exposure and focus
- Adobe Creative Cloud subscription
- PC or Mac computer sufficient to run the programs and an Internet connection.
- Students will acquire the ability to move from capture to output with confidence and proficiency.
- Students will understand the digital photography workflow and how to tailor it to one’s needs and vision.
- Students will gain an awareness of how the camera sees and how the photographer’s visual, technical, and operational choices impact both the message communicated and its effectiveness.
All materials needed for the course can be found using this link: Materials List - Digital Photography