Filter by Category
Illustration: The Art of the Concert Poster, DR 710MI
with James Heimer
Explore illustration as a counterpart to music through the art of the concert poster. Students will experiment with traditional and digital methods to develop imagery that interprets the lyrical content of their favorite artists. Spontaneous and stream of consciousness drawing and lettering exercises will be employed to invent narratives from instrumental music. The history of the concert poster will provide context and serve as inspiration for the students own projects.
- Students will gain an understanding of communication through pictorial means.
- Students will express abstract concepts through pictorial symbols.
- Students will present preliminary work that clearly communicates their objectives.
- Students will balance type or hand lettering and imagery.
- Students will demonstrate the use of critical thinking, creativity, and a personal voice.
Drawing For Comics, DR 723EC
with Jeff Kilpatrick
Learn step-by-step cartooning basics so you can create characters, tell a story from life or imagination, or build a portfolio. Create your own short story to be included in a collaborative comic book to take home at the end of class. Instruction includes insights on the comic book and animation industry.